Friday, October 13, 2006

Week 3 Photos and Images.



5. Flickr is a great photo sharing site using key words and tags to create associations between images. Sort of like Cataloguing for Dummies!
Already being a member of Yahoo, signing up for Flickr was so easy, you just use your Yahoo login.
I uploaded a few photos I had taken, sunsets and sunrises being a favourite of mine.
Check them out here at Flickr

I browsed Flickr Groups under Oceania (Australia seems to be lumped into this category) and found a Group called Melbourne Graffiti with 244 members and their associated pics. The Australian Sunset and Sunrise Group has 52 members.
Flickr has lots of potential for Libraries to use the site to upload library activities and even staff pictures maybe?
Links to Flickr's most popular tags is a good place to start looking.
6. Flickr Mashups is a fun application. I used Fd's Flickrs Toys and picked the the Framer link to make my stamp pic!! I used the Trading Card maker for my Melbourne Trading Card.
7. Blog about Technology. Sitepal is a great Text to Voice site, that is not Free but certainly has lots of potential for use in a library. You just choose an avatar, type what you want it to say (You can even choose voice styles and accents). Play it back to yourself, Viola!! your words spoken out loud.....amazing stuff!

Wow I think I have completed Week 3 and 7 Things!

No comments: