Monday, November 13, 2006

Week 7 Wikis

#16 Learn about Wikis.
Whats the buzz with Wikis? I get asked.
A good place to get a definiton is of course Wikipedia

The question Helene Blowers asks during her podcast is 'What would you put on a Wiki in your library? So I thought the best way to find out is to visit some Wikis.
Ann Arbor Community Wiki in Michigan is a truly collaborative Community effort, 22 bars, lunch tips for under $5 sit beside School, transport and church information. It is simple and easy to use, login and edit the 'Things to do with kids' section' to add your own special places to visit.
Library Instruction Wiki is a good resource for trainers, sharing ideas, brainstorming new projects or just keeping up with the latest ideas in training.
Encourages editing teaching techniques and tips.
St Josephs County Library subject Guides has an easy to read Genealogy wiki article.
I liked their Cooking Section!!

#17 Add an entry to the Learning 2.0 Sandbox.
Adding an entry to the Sandbox on the PLCMC learning Wiki was easy. I even created a heading called Australian Blogs under Favorite Blogs and added mine.
I also added one of my favourite destinations: VICTORIA
Perhaps I can encourage some Americans
to explore Downunder.


No comments: